Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 29 October 2011

Stretch Marks

I just bought Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel  from Unity pharmacy - hopefully it can soothe the itchiness around my belly button area, some parts of the tummy and my legs (there goes my blemish-free legs). I read that Aloe Vera Gel can also prevent stretch marks, lighten recent scars and relieve skin irritation so I just gotta give it a try.

I am not sure if it works but I know for sure it is definitely a good treatment for burns and bruises as I remembered that I used the aloe vera sap from the plant at my mum's mini garden to apply for my younger bro when he accidentally scald himself with an iron. His skin was swollen but after application, the bruise mark subsided and no scarring detected later.

Currently I am using the following for stretch marks:
  1. Elancyl - Stretch Mark Prevention - buttocks and back thighs (cos I can't stand the smell - not that it is very smelly, just that the smell gets stronger when you apply the lotion generously - thanks to my sensitive nose during pregnancy - so the application is at the back of my body.)
  2. Clarins - Stretch Mark Control - tummy and around breasts area
  3. Clarins - Tonic Body Treatment Oil - tummy and front thighs
  4. Johnson & Johnson baby Oil (non greasy) - all over body (just to moisturise)
Still, I can see very faint "white spots" - like stretch mark is emerging around my thigh area. Urgh - what I can seek comfort now is the word - faint - who knows it will become obvious later?

Perhaps I was not diligent enough as I started applying on alternate days after my first trimester for a few weeks before I apply it everyday. Even then, I didn't really "massage" with the lotion and oil cos I was just too tired. It was only in the middle of second trimester that I started to take it seriously.

Well, let's see what happens to my skin after the delivery. =\

No comments:

Post a Comment