Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday 25 September 2011

Popiah Craving

Our trip to Kway Guan Huat Joo Chiat Popiah is wasted when the lady said that they do not provide dine-in facility - they only provide ingredients freshly-packed for you to bring home. 1 Set = $45 (approximately for 4 pax) Urgh! 

I was thinking she should as least suggest that she can provide the plates (from the next door beef ball soup which is also under them) so that we can buy the ingredients from her and roll the popiah. She didn't !! When hubby mentioned about going to 7-11 to get paper plates so that we can roll the popiah, she just said it's too troublesome and suggest she get the ingredients to bring home. Seems like they are not hungry for business. Of course, fame has found them, so do money. Why should they bother with just 4 pax eating spending only $45 yeah? And the most sickening thing is: their website doesn't state they don't do any dine-in any more!!! I was extremely disappointed that I can't feast on popiah as I have been craving it for the past 2 weeks+. 

(Side-note: 
This reminds me of a story about the difference between Hong Kongers and Singaporeans. 
One lady was snubbed in Singapore when she wish to buy a fruit from a fruit juice store in town (due to convenience) as the owner brushed her off and said, "Oh, we don't see fruits, we only sell fruit juice." However, in Hong Kong, whoever/whatever gives them the business - no matter how big or small, they just do it. They are more flexible, always looking for opportunities. If customer wants, and they are willing to pay a premium, why not? Win-Win situation.)

I was so angry (and sweating profusely) that I almost forgot that Ling and .r who were supposed to join us for dinner. I also can't be bothered asking her if she could let us use some plates from next door. I quickly call .r that we will have to adjourn to somewhere else and she informed Ling for me, while hubby go further down the lane to check out for any other popiah store. 

Well, lady luck is in - he found a nonya cafe that has popiah - Chilli Padi so we headed there. We ordered the nonya popiah, tauhu goreng, buah keluak fried rice, meat ball soup, and jumbo satay chicken. Guess we shouldn't order a medium bush keluak friend rice (small would suffice) when we are not too sure if we can finish (and perhaps buah keluak is more of an acquired taste....), so in the end, I was extremely full, but satisfied - at least I gotta eat popiah.

Then again, I still prefer Qiji popiah. Will probably head down to one of its branches soon, or get hubby to get for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment