Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 24 March 2012

Visit to Gynae

No, not that I have dragon baby but it's a follow up session on the aftermath of my c-section.

I stopped applying Lanakeloid E-cream after I saw that there are some redness (about a week later) but I continued Forsuderm - the antibiotic. It seemed to help but it doesn't really cure the middle portion as I can feel some tingling sensation when I pressed against it. Then again, there is no blood. The initial pus was already out and gone. Though the antibiotic cream somewhat worked, there is still some redness.

After some recommendation by an acquaintance and also reading several positive reviews from the forums, I went to see Dr Joycelyn Wong of ACJ Clinic at the end of February. My external infection was not fully cleared and she gave me 10 Clamovid 625 (amoxycillin [as trihydrate] 500mg and clavulanic acid [as potassium clavulanate]-125mg) pills (oral antibiotic) and a stronger cream:

Bactroban Mupirocin
She was very patient and assuring. Most importantly, she puts herself into the patient's shoes and address all concerns - be it major or minor - accordingly. I am also pleased that she is frank and forthright in her opinions (even though I may not be convinced yet) and share her experiences, or rather from a woman's perspective.

Actually I don't have to consult her again (for the 3rd time), but I am just kiasu and wanna make sure everything is really ok after 3 months+ of bandages, putting cream, cleaning with antiseptic lotion, ......you get the drift.

BUT I will still not be taking seafood at least for another 3 more months and will not exert too much around the abdominal area. So goodbye to my perfect size 8 for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment