Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Plagiocephaly (flat-head)

It saddens me to see that yx has moderate plagiocephaly (flat-head). I have contacted cranialtech but they replied that they do not have any affiliated therapy centres in Singapore.

Previously, pd mentioned that she has torticolis and mentioned that we do the neck muscle exercise. We did that conscientiously everyday and she seems to be more flexible in turning though she still prefers the right.

hub thinks her head has improved but I see her head is still far from round. =(

What I have done so far:

  1. change her sleeping direction so that she has to face us on her left
  2. neck exercise with her
  3. tilt her head towards her left whenever she sleeps towards her right
  4. keep reminding her to tilt more to her left when sleeping (when she is awake) and show her actions
  5. speak to her on her left more often 
  6. do tummy time whenever she is awake but not too long else she will get bored, tired and fuss.
  7. get her to sit up more (and she kindda like this)
  8. massaging her head in circular motion gently like mixing flour 
My concern now is her head shape as I can't control 3. at night when everyone is sleeping.

I am still deciding if I should get her to see a kids physiotherapist. 

Why do I have to face this ??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment