Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 26 July 2014

National Day Prelude

Since she kept saying that the Singapore flag (that daddy hang this afternoon) will fall even after we assured that the knots are really tight, I took the opportunity to have a flag making activity. 

Materials:
  1. Ice-cream stick
  2. A4 Paper or Recycled paper 
  3. Pen/pencil 
  4. Colour pencils or markers
  5. Scissors
  6. Glue
  7. Sticky tape

  • Fold the A4 paper into halves 3 times.
  • Cut out the excess paper. (for us we use 2 layers so that it is not so flimsy.)
  • Fold the paper into half slightly to get a line and draw a line across.
  • Draw a moon and five stars.
  • Colour them respectively. 
  • Place the ice-cream stick inside the paper (using the line as a guideline).
  • Glue the paper sides. 
  • Colour the ice-cream stick.
  • Use sticky tape to secure the ice-cream stick and the paper (at the white portion) together if the glue is not strong enough.


sshhhh. Don't disturb me, let me colour the ice-cream stick....


And ta-da! Here it is:

Is my flag nice? 

Let's wave ~ ~

Don't take my face...

hee... nice right?

yeay .... 
Actually, I did most of the work - she only cut the paper, colour the flag (only very faintly and I had to touch up) and ice-cream stick. But she enjoyed the process and that mummy is doing something with her.  In the end, I did another flag cos she just refused to share with yr. Sigh....

I should have also mentioned to her what the moon, stars and colour mean, but er...frankly, I can't remember (opps!). So I only explained the significance for flying the National Flag. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment