Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday 25 July 2013

Update: Medela Freestyle Breast Pump vs Avent Single Electrical Breast Pump

I have been using Medela Freestyle Breast Pump for about 2 months now, it is really serving me well. Guess I don't have the time for further detailed trying as mentioned in my previous post. =(

The only down side I can think of now is that for Medela is that the washing can be tedious for the 3 tiny holes, but er... most of the time I leave the washing of breast pump to hub. =D


Another disadvantage is that one can't pause the pump which sometimes can be annoying if you are interrupted and wish to pause for a while before you continue.

For pressure, I am now using L4. It seems that the diameter of the funnel doesn't really make any difference as I tried 24 mm and then 27 mm, the results doesn't vary much. But I prefer using 27 mm as it provides more coverage which makes the holding more secure.

I don't think I have much problem using 1 hand to "grab" the pumps so I didn't try on the straps. Moreover, each pumping session takes about 15-20 mins, so it is not too tiring on my hands. Thus, I am not too bothered on hands-free and will use a breast feeding blanket to cover when I pump in office.

My average milk yield now is 150 ml (both breasts combined) as my left breast seems to produce lesser milk than right. Maximum yield is 230 ml and minimum is 120 ml which I think is still sufficient for my boy. 

Overall, I am satisfied. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment