Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Pregnancy Skin Care

With reference to this, I must say I am quite lucky cos I don't see any stretch marks except for those that were already pre-existing around my hips area. I only just started applying cream about 2 weeks ago (yes, been lazy, tired, lazy, tired ....) I hope I don't develop more stretch marks after giving birth to snakey junior.

Due to my sensitive nose now and to curb vomiting initially, I use the following for stretch marks:

  1. Clarins Stretch Mark Control - I prefer this to Clarins Body Treatment Oil as its fragrance is quite mild and less greasy. 
  2. The Body Shop's Cocoa Shea Butter - back thighs and buttocks as I can't really take its cocoa fragrance.
  3. Elancyl Stretch Mark prevention - alternate with no.2 for the same reason.

As for the usual cleansing routine, I use the following:

  1. Cetaphil - as face cleanser and body wash 
  2. Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Baby Mild Castile Soap, Unscented - as shampoo, though can be quite drying, so I use a little (but I have now try to alternate with Johnson's no tears). I couldn't find any unscented shampoo off the shelves, and I can't even use Johnson's no tears in the initial stage when I could as compared to my previous pregnancy. Although it was stated "unscented", there was a very mild scent. Fortunately, it was still bearable.
I only started putting on eye cream and face serum around the 4th month. Urgh....what to do? How I wish the come up with the real fragrance-free skin care for pregnant women. Clinique's fragrance-free is just the best bet as I can still smell my eye cream when I tried it during my 3rd month of pregnancy. Guess what? I can even smell a strong rice wine scent when I use SK-II facial treatment essence initially and I nearly puke! I doubt if anyone would have the same bad experiences as I did. 

Anyhow, I don't have time and energy for all the skin care routine, just taking care of the essentials for the time being. =\ I wonder how some mummies can still do full make up, with mascara, eye liner etc. Really salute them.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment