Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday 13 September 2014

Lantern Festival








Materials:

  1. Toilet rolls
  2. Scissors
  3. White glue
  4. Coloured paper
  5. Ribbon


Yes, it' time for art and craft for mummy and yx so that yx can bring the lantern to school as part of the lantern festival celebrations. However, we have to use recycled materials and I didn't want to do the usual lanterns using recycled paper. Then I remembered that I had kept quite a number of toilet paper rolls last time as I knew that it will come in handy someday for art and craft. And so I came across this DIY toilet paper roll wall art while searching online for some ideas. Thus, I improvised the idea and make it stacked to a height of 6 (or 2 sets of 3 "leaves") and we used a total of 72 "leaves" from 18 toilet rolls.

Since yx love blue so much, she gets her blue flowers and orange seems to be the best contrast since we don't have enough pink or red coloured paper. So I did the structure setting while yx had fun pasting the flowers. There was actually a ribbon attached to the lantern but this photo was taken before the attachment and it came off when yx brought back from childcare. hee...

Well, it didn't came out as pretty as I imagined it to me, but still we had a great time, though it was pretty time consuming with the flower craft punch and all the pasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment