Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday 5 October 2014

Singapore Teochew Festival 2014





I am a Teochew and I don't really know the Teochew customs that well although those that I saw in the festival do ring a bell especially the wedding customs cos I followed it quite closely. haa... Watching the Teochew Opera brings back some nostalgic moments as I remembered grandma loves listening to them too.
I think I am more fluent in Cantonese than Teochew thanks to TVB drama serials when I was watching them at my maternal grandma's house during my growing up years.

I really hope yx could pick up some phrases if not all, but then again, she is a Hokkien muahhaa.... Anyhow, knowing some dialects would be good else we really become a jiak gang dang society. I wonder what dialect group will yx's future husband be? hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment